This Morning’s Bulletin — 4.10.19
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 55 degrees and a northwest wind 13 to 15 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 29. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 53, and Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 57.
• The North Fork Community Theatre in Mattituck is in the home stretch of a breakneck season of tearing apart the innards of its theater space on Old Sound Avenue, putting the finishing touches on a ground-up renovation in anticipation of opening night for its spring musical, “The Drowsy Chaperone,” on May 16. Read The Beacon’s exclusive story online here.
• Stony Brook Southampton continues its Writers Speak Wednesdays series this evening with poets Kyla Marshell and Shane McCrae. A reception will be held at 6:30 p.m., followed by the reading at 7 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Southold Historical Society’s annual April Showers dinner fundraiser will be held tomorrow, April 11 from noon to 6 p.m. at O’Mally’s Restaurant in Southold. More details are online here.
• PSEG-Long Island is accepting public comment on plans to upgrade its Montauk substation through May 2 online here.
• The Town of Southampton and Suffolk County Economic Development and Planning Department have announced they will host a public information meeting on the Ten Year Review of the Suffolk County Aquaculture Lease Program on Tuesday April 23 at 6 p.m. in the town hall meeting room.
• The North Fork Environmental Council has announced that its third annual Earth Day 5K will be held on Sunday, April 28, with a start time of 10 a.m., at Indian Island County Park in Riverhead. The early bird discount registration fee is $20 through April 13, $25 between April 13 and April 27 and $30 on the day of. Registration information is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:42 a.m., 2:23 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:50 a.m., 1:31 p.m.
Greenport: 2:19 a.m., 3 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:13 a.m., 3:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:14 a.m., 2:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:41 a.m., 4:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:48 a.m., 4:29 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:39 a.m., 1:27 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:36 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:34 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:42 a.m., 2:27 p.m.
Greenport: 3:11 a.m., 3:56 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:05 a.m., 4:51 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:06 a.m., 3:51 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:33 a.m., 5:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:40 a.m., 5:25 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:34 a.m., 2:26 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:35 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.