This Morning’s Bulletin — 4.11.17
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 68 degrees and a south wind 10 to 13 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 49. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Wednesday, mainly after 10 a.m., with a high near 67. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
• We’ve just introduced writer Dave Davis’s great new column, “Dave’s Desk@Ditch,” a monthly exploration of a quest to lead spiritually-driven life on the South Fork. You can read the first installment online here.
• As of yesterday, The Beacon is now available at Goldberg’s Famous Bagels in Westhampton Beach and in Riverhead, and as of this afternoon, we will be on the newsstand at Fork & Anchor in East Marion. Thank you to all of our new vendors! You can find a constantly updated list of vendors that carry The Beacon online here.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss town-wide parking issues, an alcohol farm products working group and the Orient Methodist Church at their 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board will also host a public hearing on several changes to the town’s agricultural use code at their 7:30 p.m. meeting tonight. Their full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss the town’s filming permit legislation, a Montauk shuttle bus, Ditch Plains parking and a beach scraping proposal for the oceanfront beach at downtown Montauk at their 10 a.m. meeting this morning at the Montauk Firehouse. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on the CPF acquisition of land in Remsenburg/Speonk and on several new stop signs at their 1 p.m. meeting at town hall this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss parking on Bridge Street and site plan review at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:47 a.m., 11:01 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 9:55 a.m., 10:09 p.m.
Greenport: 11:24 a.m., 11:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: midnight, 12:25 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 11:19 a.m., 11:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:19 a.m., 12:46 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:26 a.m., 12:53 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:06 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:29 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 10:37 a.m., 10:51 p.m.
Greenport: 12:06 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:38 a.m., 1:05 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 12:01 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1 a.m., 1:28 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:07 a.m., 1:35 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:45 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.