• It will be partly sunny today, with a high temperature near 60 degrees and light and variable winds becoming southeast 5 to 9 miles per hour in the afternoon. There’s a 50 percent chance of rain overnight, mainly after 1 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 42. We’re expecting rain on Thursday, with a high near 51 degrees and an east wind 13 to 20 miles per hour. Rain is likely Friday, mainly before 8 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 51.
• The Suffolk County Department of Health Services has paused dispensing of the Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 vaccine at its vaccination dispensing locations, following state and federal recommendations while the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration review data about an extremely rare type of blood clot that has been reported in six people who received that vaccine in the United States.
• The Peconic Estuary Program’s Biennial Conference begins today and will be held over the course of the next three days, with sessions on water quality today, climate change tomorrow and habitats and wildlife on Friday, all from 2 to 4 p.m. Here’s where to register.
• In honor and celebration of Earth Day, Greenport Village is hosting a “Call to Action” starting at 9 a.m. on Saturday, April 17 at the flagpole on Moore’s Lane. Activities will range from litter removal to trail clearing, and volunteers of all ages and abilities, with their own masks, gloves and tools, are welcome.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge will hold an Earth Day celebration this Saturday, April 17 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Here are more details.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton presents 28 screenings of “Kinky Boots —The Musical (from London’s West End) at 1 p.m., 4 p.m., 7 p.m. & 10 p.m. daily through April 20. Streaming online via the Stellar app. Tickets are $15. For more information, visit guildhall.org.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:28 a.m., 11:39 p.m.
Greenport: 12:27 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:19 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:22 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:49 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:56 a.m., 2:26 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:23 a.m., 11:29 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:32 a.m., 9:38 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:31 a.m., 1:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:12 p.m.
Greenport: 1:08 a.m., 1:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:54 a.m., 2:29 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:03 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:30 a.m., 3:03 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:37 a.m., 3:10 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:03 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:12 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.