• Today will start out mostly cloudy, gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 65 degrees and a west wind 7 to 17 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 42. We’re expecting rain on Friday, with new precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible and a high near 57. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers Saturday, but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
• “I’ve called in all my favors and used up all my cash, and if it fails, it will be absolutely brutal.” These are words that just about any entrepreneur might have used at some point in the arc of their career, and they rang true when Greenport’s new Matchbox Distillery co-founder Leslie Merinoff spoke them before a room of fellow food business owners at the Long Island Food Council’s inaugural East End event at Riverhead’s Hotel Indigo April 20. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss pre-existing marinas in residential districts and town board member project updates at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss changing the date of next week’s work session to Wednesday and then go into executive session to discuss police contract negotiations at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• Sag Harbor’s Christ Episcopal Church at 5 Hampton Street will host a forum on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), including a talk with DACA recipient and LatinoJustice Community Organizer Angel Reyes this Saturday, April 28 at 4 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
• Old Sound Avenue in Mattituck, from Love Lane to Westphalia Avenue, will be closed on Monday, April 30 for road striping to better enhance one way street traffic. For questions, please call 631.765.5806.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:48 a.m., 8:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:56 a.m., 7:17 p.m.
Greenport: 8:25 a.m., 8:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:17 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:20 a.m., 8:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:47 a.m., 10:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:54 a.m., 10:15 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:57 a.m., 5:35 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:36 a.m., 8:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:44 a.m., 8:03 p.m.
Greenport: 9:13 a.m., 9:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:11 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:08 a.m., 9:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:35 a.m., 10:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:42 a.m., 11:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:53 a.m., 6:25 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.