This Morning’s Bulletin — 5.17.23
• We’re expecting breezy conditions today with a northwest wind 17 to 21 miles per hour, sunny skies, and a high temperature near 65. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 39. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 60, and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 64.
• School budgets passed throughout the East End on Tuesday, with the exception of the tiny district of Wainscott, which needed 60 percent of the vote to pierce the state tax cap due to an increase in enrollment. A controversial proposal to bond to buy several lots on Marsden Streets near Pierson High School in Sag Harbor also failed.
• A mixed bag of residents for and against two new proposed yacht storage buildings on the Mattituck Inlet spoke at the first of what will be two public hearings before the Southold Town Planning Board Monday evening, May 15. Read our full story.
• Riverhead Town is embarking this month on the East End’s first town-wide food scrap composting program, at a time when how we handle our waste has become critical to the future of the region. Read More.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets this evening at 6 p.m. There are no public hearings scheduled. Here’s the agenda, here’s the Zoom login info, and the meeting can be viewed online here.
• Movies at The Suffolk continues this evening with “Top Gun: Maverick” at 7 p.m. at the historic downtown Riverhead Theater. Tickets are $15 and are available at thesuffolk.org.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:44 a.m., 9:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:52 a.m., 8:12 p.m.
Greenport: 9:21 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:23 a.m., 10:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:16 a.m., 9:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:43 a.m., 11:03 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:50 a.m., 11:10 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:55 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:04 a.m., 6:31 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:30 a.m., 9:48 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:38 a.m., 8:56 p.m.
Greenport: 10:07 a.m., 10:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:12 a.m., 11:24 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:02 a.m., 10:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:29 a.m., 11:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:36 a.m., 11;54 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:44 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:53 a.m., 7:15 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.