• Light rain is likely today, mainly after noon, with cloudy skies and a high near 46, with the wind out of the north at 14 to 16 miles per hour. There’s a 30 percent chance of light rain this evening, mainly before 9 p.m., with a low around 40 overnight. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 58. We’re expecting increasing clouds on Wednesday, with a high near 54.
• Suffolk County passed 1,000 Covid-19 deaths over the weekend, with a total of 1,070 confirmed deaths as of Sunday. To date, 32,822 people in the county have tested positive for the disease.
• Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone reported Sunday that 1,134 people are currently hospitalized with Covid-19, down from 1,441 a week ago. Of those hospitalized, 443 are in intensive care, down from 508 a week ago.
• Here’s the latest on how to vote using an absentee ballot in New York’s June 23 primary.
• The Suffolk County Historical Society is inviting residents to be a witness to our living history by sharing their Covid-19 experiences for their historic archives. Email your stories to: email@example.com. Be sure to put “Covid-19” in your subject line and to include your location and contact information.
• Today is the last day to subscribe to our monthly print edition in order to receive May’s issue via the U.S. Postal Service. In that edition, we take a big picture view of the most important issues of the day. Subscribers to our print edition support much of the work we do. Subscribe Here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:08 a.m., 1:53 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:16 a.m., 1:01 p.m.
Greenport: 1:45 a.m., 2:30 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:32 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:40 a.m., 2:25 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:07 a.m., 3:52 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:14 a.m., 3:59 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:54 a.m., 10:46 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:50 a.m., 2:40 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:58 a.m., 1:48 p.m.
Greenport: 2:27 a.m., 3:17 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:17 a.m., 4:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:22 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:49 a.m., 4:39 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:56 a.m., 4:46 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:37 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:45 a.m., 11:40 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.