• We’re expecting mostly sunny skies today, with a high near 61 degrees and a northwest wind around 14 miles per hour. Wednesday is expected to be mostly sunny, with a high near 66 degrees, and Thursday is expected to be partly sunny, with a high near 59 degrees.
• State Assemblyman Fred Thiele has introduced a bill that would allow the five East End towns to create a Workforce Opportunity Fund to help people buy affordable homes here. If approved by a local referendum, the fund would be financed by a fee of $10 per square foot for all residential construction where the total floor area exceeds 3,000 square feet. The fund would then provide no-interest loans of up to $250,000 to help provide workforce housing.
• The Longhouse Reserve in East Hampton opened for the season on Saturday, and we had a chance to walk through the gardens for the first time. Join us on the journey here.
• The Southampton Town Board meets at 6 p.m. today. They’ll be continuing the public hearing on the proposed new shopping center on County Road 39 in Tuckahoe. Their full agenda is online here.
• It’s just about time for the heyday of spring bird migration, and birders throughout the East End are getting their binoculars ready in anticipation of this annual event. Our listings for some local group searches for migrating birds are online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. Get your own free copy, or help your friends get their own free copy each week by signing up here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.