• It will be sunny today, with a high temperature near 54 degrees and a northwest wind 18 to 23 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 37. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 58 and Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 59.
• The Southold-Peconic Civic Association is hosting a forum with Group for the East End President Bob DeLuca on “Advocacy 101: A citizen’s strategy for effective community engagement and outcomes in the public interest” this evening, April 28 at 6:30 p.m. at the Southold Recreation Center at 970 Peconic Lane. For more information, visit spcivic.org.
• East Hampton Town has released a draft of its Coastal Assessment Resiliency Plan for the public to review. We’ll have more info on this later this week — in the meantime, here’s the document.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss issues regarding extension of the sewer district in Calverton, the Long Island Workforce Housing Act and changes to the town code regarding battery energy storage systems at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss a mine reclamation on Old Country Road in Westhampton, open meetings law modifications and driving restrictions on Shrubland Road at its 10:30 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• Suffolk County reported 529 new cases of Covid-19 on Tuesday, April 26, with 6.6 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 73 people hospitalized with the virus, with six of them in ICU. The county reported one new fatality from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 4,380 people since March of 2020.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:53 a.m., 9:11 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:01 a.m., 8:19 p.m.
Greenport: 9:30 a.m., 9:48 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:31 a.m., 10:49 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:25 a.m., 9:43 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:52 a.m., 11:10 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:59 a.m., 11:17 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:03 a.m., 8:31 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:12 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:36 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:44 a.m., 8:59 p.m.
Greenport: 10:13 a.m., 10:28 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:17 a.m., 11:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:08 a.m., 10:23 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:35 a.m., 11:50 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:42 a.m., 11:57 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:48 a.m., 9:11 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:57 a.m., 7:20 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.