• We’re expecting increasing clouds today, with high near 53 degrees and a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 2 p.m. We’re expecting showers this evening, mainly after 8 p.m., with a low around 42. We’re expecting showers again on Wednesday, mainly before 2 p.m., with a high near 52. Rain is likely on Thursday, with a high near 54.
• Dr. Christopher Gobler of the School of Marine & Atmospheric Sciences at Stony Brook Southampton will give his annual State of the Bays address on Wednesday, April 6. at 7:30 p.m. , both in-person and via Zoom. Here’s more info.
• The East Hampton Town Board is slated to discuss code amendments regarding surveying and staking of clearing for building construction and peddling permits, as well as special event applications and the Duck Creek Management Plan. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board is slated to discuss the advisory board for its Community Housing Fund, “Business on Town Property” applications and a dock application for the Ram’s Head Inn at its 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Riverhead Town Board holds several public hearings at its 2 p.m. meeting this afternoon, on a site plan for an expansion of the Suffolk Theater and on changes to the town’s rental dwelling and parades and assemblies code, as well as on changes to the Riverhead Sewer District. Here’s more info on the hearings, here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here. Information on accessing the meeting via Zoom is online here.
• There’s an old gardening adage that you should never make drastic changes to your garden the first year you move into a place, but this adage is equally true if you are just taking a look at the land surrounding a house you’ve lived in for years with an eye toward gardening for the first time. Read more in this month’s Gardenwise.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:08 a.m., 1:40 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:16 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
Greenport: 1:45 a.m., 2:17 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:34 a.m., 3:10 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:40 a.m., 2:12 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:07 a.m., 3:39 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:14 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:14 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:57 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:55 a.m., 2:30 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:03 a.m., 1:38 p.m.
Greenport: 2:32 a.m., 3:07 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:16 a.m., 3:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:27 a.m., 3:02 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:54 a.m., 4:29 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:01 a.m., 4:36 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:55 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:45 a.m., 11:47 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.