• We’re expecting patchy fog before 11 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high temperature near 67 degrees and an east wind 6 to 9 miles per hour. We’re expecting patchy drizzle overnight, with a chance of light rain after 2 a.m., mostly cloudy skies and a low around 51. Friday will be cloudy, with a high near 65 and a chance of showers or drizzle. There’s a 40 percent chance of rain Saturday, mainly after 8 a.m., with cloudy skies and a high near 67.
• The long-awaited production of “The Producers” opens tonight at the North Fork Community Theater, and runs through May 29. Here’s more info.
• The North Fork Civics has postponed a panel discussion on the environmental, social and economic impacts of hotel development on the North Fork that had originally been scheduled for next Monday, May 16. We’ll have more details as they become available.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the town’s April crime report and possible changes to the code regarding drive-through restaurants in Wading River and penalties for littering and graffiti at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Southampton Town Board will meet in its capacity as the Hampton Bays Water District Commissioners this morning at 10 a.m., followed by an 11 a.m. work session at which they’re slated to discuss a planting plan for Aldrich Lane in Southampton Village. Here’s the agenda for both meetings, which can be viewed live here.
• Bridge Gardens at 36 Mitchell Lane in Bridgehampton celebrates National Public Gardens Day with a tour tomorrow from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Join Director Rick Bogusch to learn about the many native and non-native plants that fill the landscape. Tickets are $10 and reservations are required at firstname.lastname@example.org or 631.283.3195 ext. 122.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:38 a.m., 8 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:46 a.m., 7:08 p.m.
Greenport: 8:15 a.m., 8:37 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:57 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:10 a.m., 8:32 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:37 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:44 a.m., 10:06 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:19 a.m., 7:02 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:28 a.m., 5:11 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:20 a.m., 8:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:28 a.m., 7:46 p.m.
Greenport: 8:57 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:48 a.m., 10:06 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:52 a.m., 9:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:19 a.m., 10:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:26 a.m., 10:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:14 a.m., 7:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:23 a.m., 5:58 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.