• We’re expecting light rain today, mainly before 9 a.m., with a high temperature near 68 degrees and a northeast wind 9 to 15 miles per hour. There’s a 50 percent chance of rain tonight, mainly after midnight, with a low around 55. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm are likely Thursday, with a high near 64 degrees. Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 69 degrees and a 50 percent chance of showers.
• The summer and pumpkin-picking fall traffic on the East End is just about to begin its seasonal explosion, and one company is partnering with Southampton and Southold towns to try to ease the congestion. The Hampton Bays Trolley kicks off service June 17, and the same company is working to put together service on the North Fork this fall. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Flanders Riverside Northampton Community Association has been awarded a $50,000 Environmental Justice grant from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation to help plan the Riverside Maritime Trail Park along the Peconic River. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Hampton Theatre Company in Quogue will be presenting “Alarms and Excursions,” Michael Frayn’s deliriously funny collection of comedies of embarrassment, tomorrow, May 25, through June 11. More details are online here.
• The folks who brought you “One Guitar,” a CD of original songs all performed on Don Bracken’s Gibson acoustic guitar to benefit the Maureen’s Haven homeless shelter network are presenting “One Guitar Uproar,” an evening of music at Riverhead’s Vail-Leavitt Music Hall that will also benefit Maureen’s Haven, tomorrow, May 25 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20. More details are online here.
• Our full list of Memorial Day services and parades for this coming Monday is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:06 a.m., 9:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:14 a.m., 8:35 p.m.
Greenport: 9:43 a.m., 10:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:45 a.m., 11:02 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:38 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:05 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:12 a.m., 11:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:29 a.m., 6:52 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:56 a.m., 10:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:04 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
Greenport: 10:33 a.m., 10:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:38 a.m., 11:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:28 a.m., 10:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:55 a.m.
South Jamesport: 12:02 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:22 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.