Pictured Above: In Springs
• We’re expecting patchy drizzle today, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 55. Showers are likely overnight, with a low around 52. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers Saturday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 66. Rain is likely on Sunday, with a high near 59.
There are a slew of events scheduled for this weekend on both forks. Some weather dependent events have been shifted:
• Southampton Town’s Earth Day festival at Good Ground Park in Hampton Bays, originally scheduled for tomorrow, has been rescheduled for May 18. More details are online here.
• The Dandelion Festival at KK’s The Farm on Sunday is still slated to be scheduled, although it will be indoors. Here are some details.
• Cultural institutions throughout Sag Harbor are celebrating their village this weekend with the Sag Harbor Cultural Heritage Festival. More details are online here.
• The Douglas Moore Music Festival presents An Afternoon of Organ Music with accomplished young organists tomorrow at 2 p.m. at the Cutchogue Presbyterian Church. More details are online here.
• The No Doubt World Famous Riverhead Community Band is presenting an innovative program of new works commissioned by local composers on Sunday, May 5 at 2 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Flanders Fire Department holds their annual Memorial Service this Sunday, May 5 at 10 a.m. It is scheduled to be held at the Memorial Park on Flanders Road, but will be held at the firehouse at 19 Firehouse Lane in the event of heavy rain.
• There are a ton of other events scheduled this weekend on the twin forks. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
• The Beacon’s May print edition is now on newsstands. Find out where to get your copy! Sales of our print edition support all the work we do.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:47 a.m., 10:01 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:55 a.m., 9:09 p.m.
Greenport: 10:24 a.m., 10:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:17 a.m., 11:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:19 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:46 a.m.
South Jamesport: 11:53 a.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:49 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:58 a.m., 7:15 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:26 a.m., 10:37 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:34 a.m., 9:45 p.m.
Greenport: 11:03 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:57 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:58 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
New Suffolk: Midnight, 12:25 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:07 a.m., 12:32 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:28 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:37 a.m., 7:49 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.