• Today will be sunny, with a high near 81 degrees and a south wind 8 to 16 miles per hour. We’re expecting showers and thunderstorms overnight, mainly between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m., with a low around 67. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm are likely Thursday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 77. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 77.
• The Riverhead Town Board holds a public hearing on potentially banning the sale of pets not obtained from a rescue agency in town at its 2 p.m. regular meeting this afternoon. Here’s the agenda, and here’s where to view the meeting live.
• The North Fork Environmental Council and Save the Sound host a virtual forum on “Microplastics in Long Island Sound” on Wednesday, Sept. 15 at 6:30 p.m. Here are more details.
• Riverhead Town is hosting a Water Forum next Wednesday, Sept. 15 at 6 p.m. in the town board auditorium at 200 Howell Ave. The forum is designed to provide information on “projects, grants, code changes, and … increase awareness and understanding about the issues surrounding water and water uses and infrastructure,” according to the town. Here are more details.
• The East Marion Community Association and East Marion Fire Department will host an Informational Forum with Suffolk County Water Authority on Expanding Public Water Access in East Marion on Saturday, Sept. 18, beginning at 9:30 a.m. Here are more details.
• Suffolk County reported 394 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, Sept. 6, with 5.9 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 218 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 43 of them in ICU. The county reported three new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,479 people.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:27 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:35 a.m., 10:52 p.m.
Greenport: 12:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:35 a.m., 1 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:59 a.m.
New Suffolk: 1 a.m., 1:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:07 a.m., 1:33 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:36 a.m., 10:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:45 a.m., 8:55 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:10 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:18 a.m., 11:38 p.m.
Greenport: 12:21 a.m., 12:47 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:19 a.m., 1:42 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:16 a.m., 12:42 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:43 a.m., 2:09 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:50 a.m., 2:16 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:20 a.m., 11:32 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:29 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.