This Morning’s Bulletin — 5.3.21
• We’re expecting a 30 percent chance of showers today, mainly after 3 p.m., with cloudy skies and a high near 67, with an east wind 5 to 10 miles per hour. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm become more likely overnight, with a low around 52. Skies will clear on Tuesday, with a high near 68 degrees. We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm on Wednesday, with a high near 65.
• Members of the Southold Town Board agreed at their April 20 work session to reach out to the New York State Department of Transportation for guidance on a proposed traffic circle at the intersection of the Main Road and Love Lane in Mattituck. Here are more details.
• The First Universalist Church of Southold will hold a Virtual Spring Art Festival via Zoom on Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 7 p.m. Here are more details.
• The Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association has announced it will hold a special virtual meeting on Monday, May 17 at 6:30 p.m. to discuss new clean water septic technology in the works. Here’s the Zoom link.
• Suffolk County reported 190 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, May 1, with 1.6 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 190 people hospitalized in the county with the virus, with 53 of them in ICU. The county reported three new fatalities, bringing the death toll here to 3,352 people. As of Sunday, May 2, 47.6 percent of county residents had received at least one shot of a Covid-19 vaccine, with 35.4 percent of the population fully vaccinated.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:43 a.m., 4:26 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:51 a.m., 3:34 p.m.
Greenport: 4:20 a.m., 5:03 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:11 a.m., 5:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:15 a.m., 4:58 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:42 a.m., 6:25 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:49 a.m., 6:32 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:53 a.m., 3:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:02 a.m., 1:42 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:53 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:01 a.m., 4:44 p.m.
Greenport: 5:30 a.m., 6:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:17 a.m., 6:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:25 a.m., 6:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:52 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:59 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:52 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:01 a.m., 2:41 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.