• There’s a 20 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 70 degrees and a southeast wind 3 to 7 miles per hour. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight, with a low around 57. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 74, and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 75.
• The world premiere of the musical adaptation of Jules Feiffer’s “The Man in the Ceiling” opened last night at Bay Street Theatre. Read Beacon contributor Kara Westerman’s far-ranging discussion with Mr. Feiffer on the creative process, remaining an amateur, and working constantly as he approaches his 90th birthday, online here.
• A loophole in New York State’s Long Island Workforce Housing Act has cost Southampton Town 14 affordable houses since the program was adopted in 2009, but, with the help of enabling legislation from New York State, the Southampton Town Board voted unanimously May 23 to close that loophole. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Guild Hall hosts the American Premiere of playwright Ben Woolf’s “Angry Young Man,” a comedy about the pitfalls facing a Middle Eastern doctor as he comes to work in London, opening tonight and continuing through June 18. More details are online here. [$35}
• Riverhead Town will host its 225th Anniversary Celebration Colonial Ball at The Suffolk Theater, 118 East Main Street in Riverhead on June 9 from 7 to 11 p.m. There will be hors d’oeuvres, a buffet dinner, cash bar and dancing with the New Millennium Jazz Band, along with a contest for Best Dressed Colonial Costume. Tickets are $60 and are available at 631.727.4343.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:58 a.m., 2:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:06 a.m., 1:43 p.m.
Greenport: 2:35 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:30 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:30 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:57 a.m., 4:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:04 a.m., 4:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:06 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:58 a.m., 3:37 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:06 a.m., 2:45 p.m.
Greenport: 3:35 a.m., 4:14 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:29 a.m., 5:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:30 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:57 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:04 a.m., 5:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:19 a.m., 1:03 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.