Pictured Above: On Schoolhouse Creek, New Suffolk
• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high near 62 degrees and a north wind 6 to 9 miles per hour, becoming east in the afternoon. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 46. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 57. Showers are likely on Friday, mainly after noon, with cloudy skies and a high near 67.
• Following a nearly 10 percent jump in town-wide assessed valuation, Supervisor Jay Schneiderman said Monday that he is introducing a resolution to freeze assessments for a two-year period while an expert panel evaluates the impacts on people with limited or fixed incomes.
• Our Peconic Dish columnist, Alison Boyd-Savage, has a great recipe this month for a dish that takes advantage of what springtime has to offer — a Greek island-inspired dandelion pie.
• The Montauk Observatory presents a lecture titled “Oumuamua: The First Interstellar Visitor,” about the first interstellar object discovered in our solar system at Guild Hall in East Hampton this evening at 7 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Southampton Arts Center presents “Racontours,” an evening of stories told by local people ranging from Minerva Perez to Michael Holman to Tom Dunn and Gianna Volpe tomorrow evening at 7 p.m. More details are online here.
• North Fork Audubon will hold a discussion titled “Introduction to Native Plants and a Selection Preview of our Annual Plant Sale” this Friday evening, May 10 at 7:30 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Community Center. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:36 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:26 p.m.
Greenport: 1:13 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:08 a.m., 2:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:08 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:35 a.m., 3:17 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:42 a.m., 3:24 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:23 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:32 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:25 a.m., 2:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:33 a.m., 1:17 p.m.
Greenport: 2:02 a.m., 2:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:57 a.m., 3:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:57 a.m., 2:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:24 a.m., 4:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:31 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:26 a.m., 1:20 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:29 a.m., 11:34 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.