Pictured Above: Friday, Sunset.
• There’s an 80 percent chance of showers today, with a thunderstorm possible after 2 p.m. and a high temperature near 69 degrees and a southeast wind 7 to 9 miles per hour. We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm overnight and a low around 66. Showers and thunderstorms are likely Tuesday, mainly before noon, with a high near 77. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 72.
• Like most of us, Southampton activist and community organizer Lisa Votino-Tarrant had been watching the mess at the southern border of the United States unfold on cable news last December, when her six-year-old daughter demanded that she do something to help. She’s spent the past six months doing just that.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a special work session at 10 a.m. today to discuss historical concepts in Main Street planning. The public is welcome to attend.
• Performer Walker Vreeland will present a new monologue, “From Ship to Shape,” about a mental breakdown he had while a performer on a cruise ship, this evening at 7 p.m. at Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor. More details are online here.
• New York Sea Grant and the South Shore Estuary Reserve are presenting a forum on coastal resiliency at the Quogue Wildlife Refuge this Wednesday, June 12 at 6 p.m. More details are online here.
• This month’s meeting of the Plastic Reduction and Elimination Project of the North Fork, a joint venture of North Fork Audubon and the North Fork Environmental Council, will be held this Thursday, June 13 at 6:30 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Community Center. All are welcome to attend.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:12 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:20 a.m., 4:04 p.m.
Greenport: 4:49 a.m., 5:33 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:43 a.m., 6:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:44 a.m., 5:28 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:11 a.m., 6:55 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:18 a.m., 7:02 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:15 a.m., 4:03 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:24 a.m., 2:12 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:18 a.m., 5:57 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:26 a.m., 5:05 p.m.
Greenport: 5:55 a.m., 6:34 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:46 a.m., 7:21 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:50 a.m., 6:29 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:17 a.m., 7:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:24 a.m., 8:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:14 a.m., 5:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:23 a.m., 3:10 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.