• We’re expecting increasing clouds throughout the day today, with a high near 72 degrees and a north wind 11 to 15 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 52. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 81, and Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 84.
• “If you’re not doing it — whatever ‘it’ is — as if your life depends on it, or you are about to lose it, you’re dead!” Philippe Petit tells Beacon correspondent Kara Westerman, with the conviction of someone extremely familiar with having his life on the line. Petit will be coming to Guild Hall to tell his “Stories from the Sky” June 22. Read Kara’s profile online here.
• Every bride-to-be’s mind has a little piece of a fairy tale in it, and cake designer Jerri Montillo has always shared a piece of that world. This spring, Jerri ventured further into the world of whimsy when she set up shop in her new “Jerri’s Cakery & Confections” in the iconic Spanish-style castle next to Casa Basso restaurant on Montauk Highway in Westhampton. Read our profile of Jerri and her work online here.
• The Greenport Farmers’ Market is promising to be bigger and better in its 8th Season, when it holds its grand opening on June 23 at Greenport’s polo grounds. The market is also looking for vendors. More information is online here.
• Greenport author and photographer Thomas Halaczinsky will discuss “Archipelago New York,” his literary and photographic logbook of a modern day exploration by sailboat into the vast island world of New York, at the Cutchogue-New Suffolk Free Library tomorrow at 3:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• The William Ris Gallery will celebrate its second anniversary on the North Fork with E S C A P E S, a group show featuring land and seascape art inspired by the East Coast, with an opening tomorrow from 4 to 7 p.m. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:44 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:52 a.m., 11:12 p.m.
Greenport: 12:21 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:45 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:16 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:08 a.m., 1:43 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:15 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:10 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:04 a.m., 12:40 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:48 a.m.
Greenport: 12:41 a.m., 1:17 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:38 a.m., 2:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:36 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:03 a.m., 2:39 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:10 a.m., 2:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:07 a.m., 10:21 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.