• We’re expecting skies to clear today, with a high temperature near 79 degrees and a west wind around 6 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 60. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 78 degrees, and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 79.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss Dark Skies initiatives and Transportation Commission issues at its 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board is also slated to continue a public hearing on setbacks on corner lots at its 7 p.m. regular meeting this evening. Here’s the agenda for both meetings. The Zoom login for the morning work session is here and the login for the evening meeting is here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss the Springs Fireplace Road Corridor Study and a wireless communications update at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Shelter Island Town Board holds a work session this afternoon at 1 p.m. It can be viewed live here.
• We’re currently experiencing a nationwide blood shortage. The Southampton Fire Department at 470 Hampton Road in Southampton will hold a New York Blood Center blood drive this afternoon from noon to 6 p.m. Appointments are recommended, online here.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge will play host to “Nature’s Best Hope,” a virtual talk with backyard habitat specialist Doug Tallamy this evening at 7 p.m. Admission is free. Register online here. Here’s more on Dough Tallamy’s work.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:46 a.m., 2:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:54 a.m., 1:42 p.m.
Greenport: 2:23 a.m., 3:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:08 a.m., 3:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:18 a.m., 3:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:45 a.m., 4:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:52 a.m., 4:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:39 a.m., 11:29 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:31 a.m., 3:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:39 a.m., 2:30 p.m.
Greenport: 3:08 a.m., 3:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:57 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:03 a.m., 3:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:30 a.m., 5:21 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:37 a.m., 5:28 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:20 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:28 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.