Pictured Above: Into the Woods, Inlet Pond County Park
• Showers are likely today, with cloudy skies and a steady temperature around 66. The wind will be out of the east around 7 miles per hour. There’s a 50 percent chance of showers overnight, with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 59. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers Wednesday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 71. Thursday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 74 and a 30 percent chance of showers.
• Propelling through Southampton High School’s aquarium waters is a school of about 150 juvenile lagoon shrimp gobies — they are the first in the world to have ever been raised in a lab setting. Get the details in our sister publication, The Peconic Bathtub.
• Southampton Town is now accepting applications for a lottery for 28 apartments at Sandy Hollow Cove in Southampton and 37 apartments at Speonk Commons in Speonk. More details are online here.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss its lawsuit regarding Long Island Sound dredging, recreational uses in industrial zones and updates on the human resources and justice court building projects and on the solar project at the town-owned animal shelter in Peconic at its 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board has one public hearing, on parking regulations on Lighthouse Road, on the agenda for its 4:30 p.m. regular meeting this afternoon. The full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss emergency communications, a roundabout at Stephen Hands Path and Long Lane, and proposed Energy Sustainability Committee recommendations at its 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. The full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a public hearing on changes to its special events code at its 6 p.m. meeting this evening. The full agenda is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:19 a.m., 11:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:27 a.m., 10:42 p.m.
Greenport: 11:56 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:23 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:51 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:46 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:53 a.m., 1:25 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:32 a.m., 10:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:41 a.m., 8:55 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:15 a.m., 11:29 p.m.
Greenport: 12:11 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:07 a.m., 1:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:06 a.m., 12:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:33 a.m., 2:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:40 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:18 a.m., 11:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:27 a.m., 9:39 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.