• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 72 degrees and a light and variable wind, becoming southwest 5 to 10 miles per hour. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers overnight, mainly after 2 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 57. Showers are likely Wednesday, with possibly a thunderstorm after noon and a high near 76. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
• South Forkers are planning to rally in solidarity with murdered Minneapolis resident George Floyd this evening at 5 p.m. at the Bridgehampton Community House. More details are on Facebook.
• The Clinton Memorial A.M.E. Zion Church at 614 Third Street in Greenport will hold a candlelight vigil for George Floyd tomorrow, June 3 at 6 p.m. This social distanced rally will spread out on both sides of Third Street from Broad Street to Webb Street. Masks are required. Call 631.477.0144.
• Last night’s League of Women Voters Zoom debate for the June 23 Democratic Congressional Primary is online here.
• Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone reported Monday that 62 new cases of Covid-19 had been diagnosed in the county in the prior 24 hours, a very low number relative to where it had been. As of May 30, 253 people were hospitalized in Suffolk, a decline of 16 people, 67 of them in ICU beds, down seven. Twenty-five people had been discharged from the hospital in the past 24 hours, and five more had died, bringing the death toll to 1,906.
• Suffolk County is beginning a summer drive-in movie series at county parks throughout the season, beginning with a screening of “Jaws” at Smith Point Beach on June 20. We’ll have more details as the schedule is finalized.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:26 a.m., 7:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:34 a.m., 7 p.m.
Greenport: 8:03 a.m., 8:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:57 a.m., 9:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:58 a.m., 8:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:25 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:32 a.m., 9:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:25 a.m., 7:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:34 a.m., 5:15 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:18 a.m., 8:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:26 a.m., 7:49 p.m.
Greenport: 8:55 a.m., 9:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:55 a.m., 10:14 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:50 a.m., 9:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:17 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:24 a.m., 10:47 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:26 a.m., 8 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:35 a.m., 6:09 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.