• We’re expecting patchy fog before 9 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 83 degrees and a west wind 5 to 9 miles per hour. We’re expecting partly cloudy skies overnight, with a low around 66. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before noon Tuesday, with skies clearing and a high near 83. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 85 and a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.
• Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there will be far fewer polling places for in-person voting on the East End in the Democratic primary tomorrow, June 23. Absentee ballots must also be postmarked by the end of the day tomorrow. Get the details here.
• Here’s our full coverage of the races to be decided tomorrow.
• Read our coverage of last Friday’s inaugural Juneteenth celebration in Southampton’s Agawam Park.
• We are now in the height of strawberry season, but without a Strawberry Festival to mark the time, we must make a festival ourselves. Luckily, there are so many wonderful ways to celebrate this fruit of June. This month, our sister website, the Peconic Dish, presents to you two dueling strawberry cake recipes.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:38 a.m., 11:42 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:46 a.m., 10:50 p.m.
Greenport: 12:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:29 a.m., 1:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:58 a.m., 1:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:05 a.m., 1:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:38 a.m., 10:39 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:47 a.m., 8:48 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:23 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:31 a.m., 11:35 p.m.
Greenport: 12:19 a.m., 1 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:12 a.m., 1:52 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:14 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:41 a.m., 2:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:48 a.m., 2:29 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:24 a.m., 11:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:33 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.