• We’re looking at a 20 percent chance of showers after 10 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 78 degrees and a southeast wind 6 to 8 miles per hour. Skies will gradually clear overnight, with a low around 56. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 79, Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 80 and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 81.
• In response to the gun control sit-in underway in the U.S. House of Representatives, gun control activists nationwide are asking constituents to call in to their member of Congress’s office to share their views on gun control legislation. Lee Zeldin’s Washington office number is 202.225.3826 and his district office number is 631.289.1097.
• Greenport Village will hold a vigil at Mitchell Park this evening, June 23 at 6 p.m. in memory of those who lost their lives in the shooting in Orlando last weekend. More information is online here.
• The Suffolk County Parks Department began a beach replenishment project at Meschutt Beach in Hampton Bays yesterday. They are planning to place 5,000 cubic yards of sand on the beach to halt erosion and protect it from future storms.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss Councilman Tim Hubbard’s proposed new helicopter noise committee at their 10:30 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss town police department dispatching upgrades at their 10 a.m. work session today. Their full agenda is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 12:06 p.m.
Orient: 12:27 a.m. 1:07 p.m.
GPT: 12:55 a.m., 1:35 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 12:50 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
S. JPT: 2:24 a.m., 3:04 p.m.
Shinn. In.: 9:58 a.m., 10:08 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 12:09 a.m., 12:50 p.m.
Orient: 1:10 a.m., 1:51 p.m.
GPT: 1:38 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 1:33 a.m., 2:14 p.m.
S. JPT: 3:07 a.m., 3:48 p.m.
Shinn. In.: 10:47 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.