• There’s a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms today, with patchy fog before 9 a.m. and skies gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 83 degrees and a south wind around 10 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 63. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 83 and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 85.
• Results from in-person and early voting in Tuesday’s Democratic primaries for president, congress and state assembly and senate are in, but they only tell a fraction of this year’s election story. Here’s our full election night coverage.
• Long Island will enter Phase 3 of New York’s reopening plan today, meaning restaurants can open indoor seating at 50 percent capacity, and personal care businesses like nail salons can open.
• The Riverhead Central School District will be hosting the free USDA Summer Food Service Program, beginning June 29 and running Monday through Friday, from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., throughout the summer except for July 3. Participants can pick up bagged to-go breakfasts and lunches at the Riverhead High School cafeteria entrance (Door 27) or at the Phillips Avenue Cafeteria Entrance (Door 18 at the side lot loop). Meals will be provided to anyone under the age of 19. No ID is required. The district is hosting this food service program at no cost to taxpayers. It is federally funded and state-administered.
• The New York State Department of Transportation will be working on the bridge over the Shinnecock Canal on Route 27 today, with eastbound lane closures expected between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. Plan ahead if you’re traveling that way!
• Greenport Village Hall reopens to the public today. All visitors must wear face coverings and practice social distancing.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:27 a.m., 1:10 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:18 p.m.
Greenport: 1:04 a.m., 1:47 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:57 a.m., 2:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:59 a.m., 1:42 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:26 a.m., 3:09 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:33 a.m., 3:!6 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:23 a.m., 10:23 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:15 a.m., 1:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:23 a.m., 1:07 p.m.
Greenport: 1:52 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:46 a.m., 3:26 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:47 a.m., 2:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:14 a.m., 3:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:21 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:14 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:16 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.