This Morning’s Bulletin — 6.28.17
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 78 degrees and a west wind 9 to 13 miles per hour. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 57. Thursday will be mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 79, and Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 82.
• Southampton Town and Cornell Cooperative Extension are hosting the grand opening of the Tiana Bayside Facility, a marine environmental learning center on the bay side of Tiana Beach on Dune Road in Hampton Bays this morning at 10 a.m. Stay tuned to The Beacon for more details later today.
• The Second Annual South Fork 100 percent Renewable Energy Forum will be held today, June 28, 2017 from 1 to 6 p.m. at LTV Studios in Wainscott. More details are online here.
• Racial Justice East End, PEER/NYPAN: Progressive East End Reformers, Canio’s Cultural Café and the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the South Fork will host a special community screening and discussion of Ava DuVernay’s film, “13th,” this Thursday, June 29 at 6 p.m. at the Hampton Library in Bridgehampton. More details are online here. [Free]
• Greenporter Gail Horton will tell the story of “A Mermaid’s Tale of Greenport” at the East End Seaport Museum’s lecture series tomorrow evening, July 29 at 5:30 p.m. More details are online here. [$5/Members Free]
• The Beacon’s July issue is about to hit newsstands. If you haven’t yet subscribed, you still have time to have the paper delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:37 a.m., 2:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:45 a.m., 1:20 p.m.
Greenport: 2:14 a.m., 2:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:10 a.m., 3:45 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:09 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:36 a.m., 4:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:43 a.m., 4:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:43 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:32 a.m., 3:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:40 a.m., 2:17 p.m.
Greenport: 3:09 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:05 a.m., 4:40 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:04 a.m., 3:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:31 a.m., 5:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:38 a.m., 5:15 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.