• There’s a 30 percent chance of showers today, with thunderstorms also possible after 9 a.m. and areas of fog before noon. Otherwise, it will be cloudy, with a high near 68 and a light and variable wind becoming southeast in the afternoon. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers overnight, with a low around 57. We’re expecting a 70 percent chance of showers Sunday, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. Otherwise, it will be cloudy, with a high near 75.
• Southold Town is getting serious about affordable housing, considering changes to the town code to allow more affordable housing units per acre, in an attempt to incentivize construction. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• New York State’s Citizen Preparedness Corps is hosting a public session to train community members on how to respond to natural disasters tomorrow, June 4 at the Hampton Bays Library at 2 p.m. Pre-registration is required, online here.
• The nature center known as Fort Pond House in Montauk is slated to re-open to the public with a reception and tours this Sunday, June 5 at 2 p.m. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The North Fork’s inaugural Rites of Spring Music Fest continues tomorrow, June 4, with a historic house tour in conjunction with Southold Town’s historical societies featuring the Arcanum String Quartet. More information is online here.
• The East Hampton Library is hosting a “Story Salon” tomorrow from 11 a.m. to noon, allowing members of the community to share oral or written stories in a supportive environment. More information is online here.
• National Trails Day is tomorrow, June 4. There will be plenty of celebrations out there on the East End’s trails. Find out more in The Beacon’s hike listings, online here.
• The Beacon’s full events calendar is filled up with art openings, book readings, music listings and fun events for the weekend and throughout the upcoming weeks. You can find our events calendar online here.
The high tides for the weekend are as follows:
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.