• We’re expecting patchy fog before 8 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be, sunny, with a high near 65 degrees and a light southeast wind becoming east 5 to 9 miles per hour in the morning. There’s a 20 percent chance of rain after midnight, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 47. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 73 and a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 79.
• When Good Ground Park in Hampton Bays opens to the public this Saturday June 10, it will be part of a coordinated effort to turn downtown Hampton Bays into a pedestrian-friendly cultural and recreational district. Read The Beacon’s full story online here.
• What’s a YIMBY, and why should you be one? Find out in the latest installment of columnist Michael Daly’s “The Homestead,” online here.
• The Peconic River Community Development Alliance is looking for feedback on how residents would like to see the area around the Peconic River be enhanced. Their survey is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a special meeting to vote on the creation of a Community Development agency and discuss the Bridgehampton traffic safety project at their 10 a.m. work session this morning at the Bridgehampton Community House on Montauk Highway. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss a proposed new multiplex cinema at the site of the former Walmart on Route 58, small animal rehabilitation and Schwing Electric at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Arts Center hosts the first installment of this season’s dialogue series, “Out of the Question with Warren Strugatch” tonight at 7:30 p.m. This week’s discussion: “The Business of Art: Passion or Profit?” More details are online here. [$15]
• Riverhead Town’s Colonial Ball to celebrate the town’s 225th Anniversary has been postponed due to low ticket sales. We’ll have the details when a new date is announced.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10 a.m., 10:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:08 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
Greenport: 10:37 a.., 10:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:36 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:32 a.m., 10:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:59 a.m.
South Jamesport: 12:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:14 a.m., 7:32 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:43 a.m., 10:54 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:51 a.m., 10:02 p.m.
Greenport: 11:20 a.m., 11:31 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:15 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:11 a.m., 12:42 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:18 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:55 a.m., 8:09 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.