• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 77 degrees and a southwest wind around 11 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of overnight showers, with a low around 61 degrees. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers Friday, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 72. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 73.
• For the better part of a decade, East Hampton’s Wellness Foundation has been working to radically transform the health of their community. Our correspondent, JoAnn McLean, recently took a look at how that transformation occurred.
• The East Hampton Town Board is slated to vote tonight to go ahead with a new application to the Federal Aviation Administration for noise restrictions at the town’s airport in Wainscott at their 6:30 p.m. regular meeting. The full agenda for that meeting is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a special meeting at 11 a.m. this morning to set a public hearing on the town’s 2018 budget for Oct. 24 at 6 p.m. The meeting will take place in the midst of the board’s 10 a.m. work session, which includes a session in which the board will act in its capacity as Hampton Bays Water District commissioners and updates on board member projects. The full agenda for the work session is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss a road improvement grant application for Creek Road, the town’s impound yard and live video streaming at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. The full agenda for the meeting is online here.
• Tonight is the full harvest moon, and nature groups are celebrating with hikes all around the East End. The Quogue Wildlife Refuge hosts a hike beginning at 6:30 p.m.; Group for the East End hosts a family hike at 6:45 p.m. and a hike for adults at 7:45 p.m. at Downs Farm Preserve in Cutchogue and the South Fork Natural History Museum and the Friends of the Long Pond Greenbelt will host a hike at SoFo beginning at 7:30 p.m.
• Our cooking experts, William Sertl and Alison Boyd, have a make-ahead feast prepared to help you celebrate this harvest moon, and the full fall harvest season.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:03 a.m., 10:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:11 a.m., 9:30 p.m.
Greenport: 10:40 a.m., 10:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:35 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:35 a.m., 10:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:02 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:09 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:20 a.m., 7:40 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:43 a.m., 11:05 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:51 a.m., 10:13 p.m.
Greenport: 11:20 a.m., 11:42 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:15 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:21 a.m., 12:42 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:28 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8 a.m., 8:23 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.