• There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms tiday, mainly after 5 p.m., with partly sunny skies and a high near 85. The wind will be out of the south at 6 to 8 miles per hour. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms this evening, mainly before 10 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 68. Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 85, and a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3 p.m. There’s a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Wednesday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 84.
• New York Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul is expected to tour downtown Riverhead this morning to get a look at the town’s work to revitalize downtown.
• Our columnist Dave Davis takes a look this month at some old words for a new world from philosopher Jiddu Krishnamurti.
It will be a busy Monday at the South Fork’s arts institutions:
• The Hamptons Institute at Guild Hall in East Hampton takes a look this evening at 7 p.m. at “The Future of Leadership,” with a group of young leaders representing the government, activism and philanthropy discussing “the type of leadership that will lead to a return to civil discourse and create a more harmonious society.”
• The Southampton Arts Center presents a performance of “House Rules,” a new musical based on the Jodi Picault novel, at its “Theater & Opera Mondays” this evening at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20 and more details are online here.
• Broadway leading man John Lloyd Young comes to Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor this evening at 8 p.m. for an evening of “spine-tingling, soul-bearing showstoppers.” More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:55 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:03 a.m., 12:32 p.m.
Greenport: 1:32 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:18 a.m., 2:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:27 a.m., 1:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:54 a.m., 3:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:01 a.m., 3:30 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:27 a.m., 10:38 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:36 a.m., 2:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:44 a.m., 1:14 p.m.
Greenport: 2:13 a.m., 2:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:57 a.m., 3:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:08 a.m., 2:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:35 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:42 a.m., 4:12 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:29 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:04 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.