This Morning’s Bulletin — 8.19.19
• There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms tiday, mainly after 5 p.m., with partly sunny skies and a high near 85. The wind will be out of the south at 6 to 8 miles per hour. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms this evening, mainly before 10 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 68. Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 85, and a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3 p.m. There’s a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Wednesday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 84.
• New York Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul is expected to tour downtown Riverhead this morning to get a look at the town’s work to revitalize downtown.
• Our columnist Dave Davis takes a look this month at some old words for a new world from philosopher Jiddu Krishnamurti.
It will be a busy Monday at the South Fork’s arts institutions:
• The Hamptons Institute at Guild Hall in East Hampton takes a look this evening at 7 p.m. at “The Future of Leadership,” with a group of young leaders representing the government, activism and philanthropy discussing “the type of leadership that will lead to a return to civil discourse and create a more harmonious society.”
• The Southampton Arts Center presents a performance of “House Rules,” a new musical based on the Jodi Picault novel, at its “Theater & Opera Mondays” this evening at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20 and more details are online here.
• Broadway leading man John Lloyd Young comes to Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor this evening at 8 p.m. for an evening of “spine-tingling, soul-bearing showstoppers.” More details are online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:55 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:03 a.m., 12:32 p.m.
Greenport: 1:32 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:18 a.m., 2:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:27 a.m., 1:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:54 a.m., 3:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:01 a.m., 3:30 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:27 a.m., 10:38 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:36 a.m., 2:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:44 a.m., 1:14 p.m.
Greenport: 2:13 a.m., 2:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:57 a.m., 3:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:08 a.m., 2:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:35 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:42 a.m., 4:12 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:29 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:04 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.