• It will be partly sunny today, with a high near 77 degrees, with a calm wind becoming east 5 to 8 miles per hour in the morning. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 67. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 79. Sunday will be partly sunny, with a high near 83 and a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.
• The North Fork Audubon Society hosts a talk by Alan Poole, Associate of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology on his new book, “Ospreys: The Revival of A Global Raptor” at Poquatuck Hall this evening at 5 p.m. More details are online here.
• Southold Historical Society is opening a new exhibition titled “Slavery in Southold” this evening at 5 p.m. and is welcoming the community to take a close look at this difficult but important period of local history. More details are online here.
• “The Romeo and Juliet Project,” a joint production of Bay Street Theatre and Guild Hall at Sag Harbor’s Mashashimuet Park this evening and tomorrow reinvents this famous story of star-crossed lovers using the power of Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo’s music. Admission is free, and more details are online here.
• The East Marion Community Association hosts the Southold Town Board and Planning Board for an informational session on the town’s newly released Comprehensive Plan Saturday morning at 9 a.m. at the East Marion Firehouse. More details are online here.
• The Cutchogue-New Suffolk Historical Council and the North Fork Animal Welfare League are teaming up in an event Saturday on the Cutchogue Village Green aimed at bringing families together. More details are online here.
• The 24th Annual Ellen’s Run, to help raise money for breast cancer treatment at Southampton Hospital, will be held this Sunday, Aug. 18 at 9 a.m. at Southampton Hospital. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:16 a.m., 11:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:24 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
Greenport: 11:53 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:23 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:48 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:50 a.m., 1:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:57 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:26 a.m., 10:37 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:35 a.m., 8:46 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:59 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:07 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
Greenport: 12:09 a.m., 12:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:02 a.m., 1:25 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:04 a.m., 12:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:31 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:38 a.m., 2:05 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:04 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:13 a.m., 9:23 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.