• The major winter storm dubbed Orlena is expected to drop about a foot of snow on the East End today into Tuesday, with high northeast winds and coastal flooding of 2 to 3 feet above ground level during times of high tides. Here are more details.
• Before the pandemic, the Maureen’s Haven emergency winter homeless shelter program had a complex network of volunteers on board to provide emergency overnight shelter at nearly two dozen houses of worship on both forks. The onset of the pandemic last spring forced Maureen’s Haven to rethink its shelter program as volunteers and staffers took stock of the reality of the congregate setting that had in the past given so many people hope and purpose, but could now end up spreading the virus. Here’s how they’re retooling this year.
• Riverhead’s State of the Town address, originally scheduled for this morning at 11:30 a.m., has been rescheduled for next Monday, Feb. 8 at 11:30 a.m.
• Suffolk County reported 1,014 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Sunday, with 5.5 percent of people tested testing positive for the virus. There are currently 702 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 127 of them in ICU and 24 percent of hospital beds available. The county reported 13 more fatalities from the virus Sunday, bringing the death toll here to 2,794 people.
• Southampton Town’s Community Law Enforcement Review Committee will hold a second public listening session on the town police department’s policies and interactions with the community tomorrow at 6 p.m. via Zoom. Here’s how to participate.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:02 a.m., 12:17 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:25 a.m., 11:57 p.m.
Greenport: 12:39 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:32 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:34 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:01 a.m., 2:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:08 a.m., 2:23 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:20 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:29 a.m., 10:11 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:49 a.m., 1:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:14 p.m.
Greenport: 1:26 a.m., 1:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:19 a.m., 2:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:21 a.m., 1:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:48 a.m., 3:05 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:55 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:02 a.m., 12:12 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:21 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.