• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 83 degrees and a light south wind, increasing to 9 to 14 miles per hour in the morning. There’s 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight, mainly after 3 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 69. There’s an 80 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Saturday, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 3 p.m., with new rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
• Suffolk County reported 521 new cases of Covid-19 on Tuesday, June 28, with 8.3 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 183 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 44 of them hospitalized due to Covid. There were 14 Covid patients in ICUs throughout the county, and no deaths reported on Tuesday. In total, there’d been 4,480 deaths due to Covid in the county since March of 2020.
• Elegant People Fusion Explosion performs at the Parrish Art Museum, 279 Montauk Highway in Water Mill, as part of the Second Annual Hamptons Jazz Fest this evening at 6 p.m. The band is into jazz harmonies and improvisation with funky grooves and Latin and rock rhythms. Bring your own chairs. Tickets are $15 for general admission and $5 for Members & Students, and can be purchased at parrishart.org.
• The Old Town Arts & Crafts Guild is slated to hold an Antiques, Fine Art & Crafts Fair on the Cutchogue Village Green tomorrow, July 2, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with a rain date of July 3, at which members of the Hidden City Orchestra are slated to perform.
• Beacon Editor Beth Young will join a panel of local journalists to discuss all things local news tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. on 88.3 WLIW-FM. Tune In!
• This holiday weekend is filled with fairs, parades and fireworks displays like we haven’t seen since before the pandemic. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
• The Beacon’s July print edition will be on newsstands throughout the East End by mid-day today. Pick up a copy at any of these locations. You’ll read much of our coverage in print before you find it here, and our print edition supports much of the work we do.
The Morning Bulletin won’t be published on Monday, July 4, but we’ll return on Tuesday, July 5. Have a happy and safe Independence Day weekend!
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
July 1, 2022
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:31 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:39 a.m., 11:47 p.m.
Greenport: 12:34 a.m., 1:08 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:18 a.m., 1:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:29 a.m., 1:03 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:56 a.m., 2:30 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:03 a.m., 2:37 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:31 a.m., 11:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:40 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:39 a.m., 1:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:24 p.m.
Greenport: 1:16 a.m., 1:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:57 a.m., 2:32 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:11 a.m., 1:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:38 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:45 a.m., 3:22 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:13 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:22 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.