This Morning’s Bulletin — 7.10.18
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 88 degrees and a light southwest wind, increasing to 6 to 11 miles per hour. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight, mainly between 2 and 3 a.m., with a low around 64. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 83, and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 81.
• The East End is under an ozone health advisory today, and the Suffolk County Health Department is urging all residents, especially young children, seniors, those who exercise or are involved in strenuous outdoor work, and those with pre-existing respiratory or heart problems, to limit strenuous outdoor activity. Ozone levels are often elevated after noon through early evening on hot, sunny days.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss Tesla electric vehicle charging stations, airport landing limitations and social media and whistleblower policies at their 10 a.m. work session this morning at the Montauk Firehouse. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on the public purchase of land for the Steinbeck Waterfront Park in Sag Harbor, on changes to the septic rebate code and on the potential demolition of a dilapidated house on Long Neck Boulevard in Flanders at their 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Accabonac Protection Committee will host a forum on the health of Accabonac Harbor this evening, June 10 at 5:30 p.m. at Ashawagh Hall in Springs. More details are online here.
• Southold Town has announced it is hosting a forum on home ownership with the Community Development Corporation of Long Island on Monday, July 30 from 3 to 7 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Community Center. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:55 a.m., 8:18 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:03 a.m., 7:26 p.m.
Greenport: 8:32 a.m., 8:55 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:29 a.m., 9:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:27 a.m., 8:50 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:54 a.m., 10:17 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:01 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:10 a.m., 5:34 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:45 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:53 a.m., 8:16 p.m.
Greenport: 9:22 a.m., 9:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:25 a.m., 10:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:17 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:44 a.m., 11:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:51 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:10 a.m., 6:30 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.