• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 84 degrees and a northeast wind 6 to 10 miles per hour. We’re expecting partly cloudy skies overnight, with a low around 58. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 79, and Friday will be sunny, with a high near 81.
• State Assemblyman Fred Thiele and State Senator Ken LaValle announced Tuesday that New York State is granting the Springs School $1.33 million to install an innovative on-site waste treatment system, designed to ensure the school stops contributing pollution to nearby Pussy’s Pond and Accabonac Harbor.
• Our columnist Michael Daly gives his perspective on our ingrained culture of patriarchy and the #metoo movement in this month’s “The Homestead.”
• The Barrier Beach Preservation Association in Westhampton Dunes will host “Art on the Beach” featuring painter Richard Spencer tomorrow evening, July 12, at 6 p.m. at the BBPA House at 906 Dune Road. A $15 suggested donation benefits the preservation association.
• The Southold Town Youth Bureau is hosting a free youth baseball clinic with members of the North Fork Ospreys for kids up to the age of 13 this Saturday, July 14 from 9 to 11 a.m. Bring bats, helmets and gloves. To register, contact Youth Bureau Director Lynn Nyilas at 631.765.8251.
• As we continue through this spate of hot, dry weather, Riverhead Town is urging residents to adopt water-saving measures by watering your lawn on odd or even days, corresponding with whether your house street number is odd or even. Water preservation advocates recommend using this system of watering throughout the summer months.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:45 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:53 a.m., 8:16 p.m.
Greenport: 9:22 a.m., 9:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:25 a.m., 10:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:17 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:44 a.m., 11:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:51 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:10 a.m., 6:30 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:36 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:44 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
Greenport: 10:13 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:19 a.m., 11:35 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:08 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:35 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:42 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:06 a.m., 7:23 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.