• There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms today, mainly after noon, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 88 degrees and a southwest wind 7 to 11 miles per hour. There’s a 60 percent chance of overnight showers and thunderstorms, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. There’s also a 60 percent change of showers and thunderstorms Friday, with a high near 71. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 86.
• The Southampton Historical Society hosts a discussion on “Winning Votes for Women: A Centennial Remembrance” this morning at 11 a.m. More details are online here. [Free]
This evening is a busy one for local community events:
• Tonight is the much-anticipated Jamesport Meeting House’s first-ever East End Trivia Night. Doc Greenberger and Joe McKay have prepared a night filled with tough and not so tough questions about the East End and are hoping the community comes down to cheer on the teams. More details are online here.
• The Ecological Culture Initiative has announced they will be holding a presentation titled “Rethinking Good Ground — Mapping History, Culture & Ecology” at Hampton Bays Library this evening at 7 p.m. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• Take Action Suffolk is hosting a nonpartisan forum titled “What’s Going to Happen to My Healthcare” with national health care innovation expert Sol Ross this evening, July 13 at 7 p.m. at Riverhead High School. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• American Beech restaurant in Greenport is hosting a “Blast for CAST” to raise money for the work of Community Action Southold Town, which runs a food pantry and provides clothing and assistance for families in need, this evening from 6 to 9 p.m. More details are online here. [$75-$85]
• The Beacon’s full events calendar, chock full of events for the week ahead and beyond, is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:13 a.m., 1:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:21 a.m., 1 p.m.
Greenport: 1:50 a.m., 2:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:36 a.m., 3:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:45 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:12 a.m., 3:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:19 a.m., 3:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:50 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:54 a.m., 2:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:02 a.m., 1:43 p.m.
Greenport: 2:31 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:21 a.m., 3:52 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:26 a.m., 3:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:53 a.m., 4:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4 a.m., 4:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:36 a.m., 11:47 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.