• There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11 a.m. today, with partly sunny skies and a high near 86 degrees, with a northeast wind around 6 miles per hour, becoming west in the afternoon. We’re expecting partly cloudy skies overnight, with a low around 66. Friday and Saturday will be mostly sunny, with high temperatures near 83 degrees.
• The Southampton Town Board will hear a presentation by the town’s Affirmative Action Task Force, an update on Conscience Point and on engineering of the Hampton Bays Sewage Treatment Plant at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Riverhead Town Board begins this morning’s work session in closed executive session to discuss contractual and personnel issues, followed by open session discussions on agricultural worker housing and LIPA pilot payments. Here’s the agenda, here’s some background on the discussion items, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Fourth Annual Blast for CAST comes to Stirling Square in Greenport this evening, July 14, from 6 to 9 p.m., raising money for the community support services provided by this organization, ranging from food to job training to help with housing and utility bills. Here’s more info.
• Suffolk County Vector Control will be spraying salt marshes throughout the East End with methoprene and VectoPrime for mosquito larvae today and tomorrow from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Here’s more info.
• Conga Cartel brings Latin fusion to a free concert in Good Ground Park, 9A Squiretown Road in Hampton Bays this evening at 7 p.m., sponsored by Southampton Town.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:48 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:56 a.m., 10:21 p.m.
Greenport: 11:25 a.m., 11:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:20 a.m., 11:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:17 a.m., 12:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:24 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:09 a.m., 10:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:18 a.m., 8:39 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:44 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:52 a.m., 11:16 p.m.
Greenport: 12:21 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:49 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:16 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:12 a.m., 1:43 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:19 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:04 a.m., 11:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:13 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.