Pictured Above: Sunday evening at New Suffolk’s Old Cove Yacht Club
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 85 degrees and a north wind around 7 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 62. Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 85, and Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 87.
• Southold Town’s long-awaited Comprehensive Plan is now available to the public, and the town’s Planning Department has planned a public hearing for July 29 at town hall. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Southampton Town is holding an informational meeting for residents of the Hampton Bays Water District to update them on the latest conditions of the water supply and what is being done to ensure the water is clean and safe to drink and use for bathing, this evening at 7 p.m. at the Hampton Bays Community Center at 25 Ponquogue Avenue in Hampton Bays. For more information, call the Hampton Bays Water District at 631.728.0179.
• Our Between the Lines columnist, Tim Kelly, reminisces this week on his youthful reaction to the Apollo moon landing.
• Racial Justice East End will present a free screening of “Harvest of Empire: The Untold Story of Latinos in America” this evening at 6 p.m. at Bridgehampton’s Hampton Library.
• The Riverhead Community Band presents a free concert of “Music From Around the World” this evening at 7:30 p.m. on the front lawn of the Pulaski Street School. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:28 a.m., 9:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:36 a.m., 8:53 p.m.
Greenport: 10:05 a.m., 10:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:08 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10 a.m., 10:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:27 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:34 a.m., 11:51 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:40 a.m., 9 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:49 a.m., 7:09 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:12 a.m., 10:29 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:20 a.m., 9:37 p.m.
Greenport: 10:49 a.m., 11:06 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:53 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:44 a.m., 11:01 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:18 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:26 a.m., 9:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:35 a.m., 7:51 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.