This Morning’s Bulletin — 7.16.20
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 79 degrees and a southeast wind 8 to 10 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 65. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Friday, mainly after noon, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 80. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 90.
• Downtown Riverhead will be closed to vehicle traffic this evening from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. for “Dine on 25,” encouraging diners to visit local restaurants for an al fresco meal and enjoy a stroll downtown. This is the first of a series of four “Dine on 25” events organized by the Riverhead Business Improvement District this summer. Here are more details.
• All For The East End will present “Show Time in Southampton,” a drive-in movie series kicking off this weekend to help its “Feed the Need” campaign, benefitting local food pantries and other nonprofits on the East End that are still struggling from the Covid-19 pandemic. Here are more details.
• Suffolk County reported 53 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Wednesday, in line with recent figures despite a spike in the last two days. But there were 10 more people hospitalized on Wednesday, with 58 Covid patients now in Suffolk hospitals, 13 of them in ICU, the same as the day prior. There were nine new hospital admissions and four new hospital discharges in the prior 24 hours, with no new deaths. The county’s death toll holds at 1,993 people.
• The East Hampton Town Board meets via teleconference this morning at 11 a.m. Here are the details.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss several building and planning permits at its 10 a.m. work session this morning, which will not be open to the public but will be streamed online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:29 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:37 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
Greenport: 8:06 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:49 a.m., 9:02 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:01 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:28 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:35 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:13 a.m., 6:35 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:22 a.m., 4:44 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:15 a.m., 8:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:23 a.m., 7:40 p.m.
Greenport: 8:52 a.m., 9:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:40 a.m., 9:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:47 a.m., 9:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:14 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:21 a.m., 10:38 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:09 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:18 a.m., 5:34 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.