• We’re expecting patchy fog before 8 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 86 degrees and a south wind 3 to 7 miles per hour. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 71. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 88, and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 90.
• Today will be another bad air day. We’re under an ozone health advisory today from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
• We sent our intrepid Culture Editor, Willian Sertl, to take a look at the history of the North Fork Community Theatre’s Youth On Stage program, which launches its summer production of “Thoroughly Modern Millie” this Thursday evening. Read his account of the experience online here.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton has a fascinating art show, Taryn Simon’s “The Innocents,” which explores people wrongfully convicted of crimes, on view through July 30. Read our reporter Kara Westerman’s history of the project online here.
• The Peconic Landing community will celebrate the 48th anniversary of the first moon landing today at 1 p.m. at 4:30 p.m. with special screenings of two documentaries about that historic day, July 19, 1969. More details are online here.
• The Jamesport Fire Department’s July carnival kicks off tonight, with a parade at 7 p.m., and continues through July 22. Fireworks will be held Saturday, July 22 at 9 p.m. More details are online here.
• On the outdoor summer concert series front, the David Glukh Klezmer Ensemble performs at Agawam Park in Southampton tonight at 6:30 p.m. and the Dick Behrke Quintet performs at Silversmith’s Corner in Southold tonight at 7:30 p.m.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:34 a.m., 7:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:42 a.m., 6:15 p.m.
Greenport: 7:11 a.m., 7:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:05 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:06 a.m., 7:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:33 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:40 a.m., 9:13 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:42 a.m., 4:14 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:30 a.m., 8 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:38 a.m., 7:08 p.m.
Greenport: 8:07 a.m., 8:37 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:06 a.m., 9:27 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:02 a.m., 8:32 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:29 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:36 a.m., 10:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:49 a.m., 5:17 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.