• We’re expecting mostly sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 91 degrees and a west wind around 11 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 72. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 91 and a heat index as high as 95. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 89 and a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss affordable housing issues, the proposed house size legislation and change of zone applications for the Cutchogue Woods affordable housing complex and the former oyster factory in East Marion at their 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board has no public hearings scheduled for its 4:30 p.m. regular meeting this afternoon. Here’s the agenda for both meetings, here’s the Zoom link for the morning work session, and here’s the Zoom link for the afternoon regular meeting.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss emergency preparedness, the town’s 2022 capital projects update and revisions to the beaches and parks section of the town code at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a public hearing on a proposal to build a 31,00-square-foot outlet center between Tanger I and Tanger II at its 2 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Jamesport Firemen’s Association holds their annual Firemen’s Carnival at the George Young Community Center on the Main Road in Jamesport, tonight through Saturday, July 23. 6 to 11 p.m. Tuesday – Friday and 5 p.m. to midnight Saturday. Wednesday July 20: Parade at 7 p.m.; Saturday July 23 Fireworks Extravaganza 10 p.m. Here’s more info.
• Suffolk County reported 442 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, July 17, with 9.8 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 214 people hospitalized with the virus, with 44 percent of them hospitalized due to Covid-19 and 21 of them in ICU. The county reported no new fatalities from the virus, and the death toll here stands at 4,495 people since March of 2020.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:55 a.m., 2:33 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:03 a.m., 1:41 p.m.
Greenport: 2:32 a.m., 3:10 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:31 a.m., 4:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:27 a.m., 3:05 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:54 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:01 a.m., 4:39 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:13 a.m., 1:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: Noon
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:50 a.m., 3:30 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:58 a.m., 2:38 p.m.
Greenport: 3:27 a.m., 4:07 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:27 a.m., 4:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:22 a.m., 4:02 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:49 a.m., 5:29 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:56 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:05 a.m., 2:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:14 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.