• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 84 degrees and a west wind 7 to 9 miles per hour. We’re expecting scattered showers and thunderstorms this evening, mainly before 10 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 67. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 85 and Independence Day will be mostly sunny, with a high near 83.
• Suffolk County Vector Control will be treating the following East End marshes with the mosquito larvicide treatments Methoprene and Bti today and tomorrow: Jagger Lane, Apacuck Point, Moneybogue Bay, Westhampton Dunes, Dune Road (Overton), Meadow Lane and North Sea in the Town of Southampton; Cedar Point County Park and Napeague in East Hampton Town; Indian Island, the Crescent Duck Farm and Aquebogue Farm in Riverhead Town and New Suffolk, Great Hog Neck, Kerwin Boulevard, Pipes Neck Creek and Pipes Cove in Southold Town. For more details, call Vector Control at 631.852.4270.
• The Southold Town Board will hold a work session this morning at 9 a.m. and a regular meeting this evening at 7 p.m. The agenda for both meetings is due to be posted online here. Two public hearings are scheduled for the evening meeting, including one on reducing the size of the town’s Housing Advisory Commission from 10 to 7 members and one on a transfer of sanitary flow credits.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss the Montauk Lighthouse Army Corps of Engineers revetment project and the Peak Savers program at its 10 a.m. work session at Town Hall this morning. The full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a public hearing on taking action against several blighted properties on West Main Street at its 2 p.m. meeting this afternoon. The full agenda is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:08 a.m., 10:23 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:16 a.m., 9:31 p.m.
Greenport: 10:45 a.m., 11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:48 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:40 a.m., 10:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:14 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:21 a.m., 9:32 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:30 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:57 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:05 a.m., 10:21 p.m.
Greenport: 11:34 a.m., 11:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:29 a.m., 11:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:22 a.m., 12:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:29 a.m., 1:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:10 a.m., 10:21 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:19 a.m., 8:30 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.