This Morning’s Bulletin — 7.23.19
• We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm today, with a high temperature near 73 degrees and a northwest wind 6 to 10 miles per hour. There’s a 40 percent chance of overnight shower, with a low around 63. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers before 9 a.m. Wednesday, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 80. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 84.
• Southampton Town will hold its 6 p.m. meeting this evening at the Hampton Bays Community Center at 25 Ponquogue Avenue. On the agenda are public hearings on a proposed exchange of 6.3 acres of CPF land on Magee Street in Tuckahoe for 14.6 other acres of town-owned land on Sebonac Road, in order to use the Magee Street land for affordable housing, and on the form-based Hampton Bays Zoning Overlay District. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Jamesport Firemen’s Carnival is slated to begin tonight at 6 p.m., with the annual parade to be held tomorrow at 7 p.m. and fireworks Saturday evening at 10 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge has announced that, in addition to the reward of up to $5,000 from Suffolk County Crime Stoppers for information leading to the arrest of the person who stole a bald eagle from the refuge last week, the Nassau and Suffolk SPCAs have each also put up $5,000 rewards. According to the refuge, “there are many organizations working hard on this case.” The refuge has also set up a fund for increased security and repairs to cages, online here.
• Southampton Town has announced it will hold the lottery for 65 affordable apartments at Speonk Commons and Sandy Hollow Cove over two days next week, July 29 & 30.
• Concerned Citizens of Montauk’s summer interns have organized a Teen Beach Cleanup to be held at Kirk Park Beach on Tuesday, July 30 from 3 to 6 p.m. The rain date will be Wednesday, July 31. All are welcome to pitch in.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:56 a.m., 3:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:04 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
Greenport: 3:33 a.m., 4:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:15 a.m., 4:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:28 a.m., 4:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:55 a.m., 5:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:02 a.m., 5:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:50 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:33 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:46 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:54 a.m., 3:35 p.m.
Greenport: 4:23 a.m., 5:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:03 a.m., 5:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:18 a.m., 4:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:45 a.m., 6:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:52 a.m., 6:33 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:32 a.m., 3:04 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:41 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.