• Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 78 degrees and a calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 miles per hour in the morning.There’s a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight, with a low around 69.
There’s a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Friday, but otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 80. Saturday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 77, and a 40 percent chance of rain between noon and 3 p.m.
• The Riverhead BID’s “Alive on 25” in downtown Riverhead will be held tonight on Main Street from 5 to 9:30 p.m., with live music on seven stages, street vendors and performers. Main Street will be closed to vehicles from Griffing to Ostrander Avenue, along with part of Peconic Avenue, from 2 to 11 p.m. while the festival is set up and broken down. The BID is providing free shuttle service from the Court Street parking lot to the festival.
• The North Fork Community Theatre’s Youth on Stage production of “Thoroughly Modern Millie” continues tonight for the second weekend of its three-week run. Read our Youth Reporter Corps review of the play online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss workforce housing and landmark preservation at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. The full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss sales price and rental formula multipliers for units Rrserved for income eligible households at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Arts Center hosts a free screening of “The Last Dalai Lama,” an intimate portrait of the current Dalai Lama, tonight at 6 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Maureen’s Haven homeless shelter network, which provides winter housing in local churches throughout the East End, is hosting its 7th Annual Lobster Bash at Dockers Waterside Restaurant in East Quogue tonight from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Tickets are $200 and more information is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:12 a.m., 1:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:20 a.m., 12:51 p.m.
Greenport: 1:49 a.m., 2:20 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:46 a.m., 3:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:44 a.m., 2:15 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:11 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:18 a.m., 3:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:14 a.m., 11:25 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:03 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:11 a.m., 1:44 p.m.
Greenport: 2:40 a.m., 3:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:37 a.m., 4:06 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:35 a.m., 3:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:02 a.m., 4:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:09 a.m., 4:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:05 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.