This Morning’s Bulletin — 7.29.21
• We’re expecting increasing clouds throughout the day today, with showers and thunderstorms possible after 2 p.m. and a south wind 6 to 11 miles per hour. Showers and thunderstorms will continue overnight, with a low around 67. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 83 and Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 79.
• Riverside Rediscovered, which is working on community involvement in the redevelopment of Riverside, just south of downtown Riverhead, is holding an open house for its new office at 102 Peconic Avenue this evening at 5 p.m. Call 631.591.3926 or visit their Facebook page for more information.
• At its first August work session on Tuesday, Aug. 3 at 11 a.m., the East Hampton Town Board will hold a presentation from consultants on the East Hampton Airport’s “Environmental Conditions, Planning and Zoning,” as part of the town’s ongoing community discussion on ‘revisioning’ of the airport. The presentation is part of an ongoing discussion, data collection, and possible “re-envisioning” of the airport and its future operations, or closure.
• Noiz performs a free concert of classic R&B, Pop, Dance and Hip Hop in Good Ground Park, 9A Squiretown Road in Hampton Bays this evening at 7 p.m.
• The Riverhead Town Board is slated to discuss potential legislation regarding pet adoption and a report from its Independent Audit Committee at a work session this morning at 10 a.m. The agenda is online here and the meeting can be viewed online here. The Southampton Town Board will hold an executive session, which is closed to the public, to discuss personnel, litigation and land acquisitions, in place of its weekly work session.
• Suffolk County reported 187 new cases of Covid-19 on Tuesday, July 27, with 2.8 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 51 people hospitalized with the virus, with five of them in ICU. The county reported two new fatalities, bringing the death toll here to 3,412.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:15 a.m., 2:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:23 a.m., 1:57 p.m.
Greenport: 2:52 a.m., 3:26 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:49 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:47 a.m., 3:21 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:14 .m., 4:48 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:21 a.m., 4:55 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:29 a.m., 2:05 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:14 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:06 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:14 a.m., 2:50 p.m.
Greenport: 3:43 a.m., 4:19 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:40 a.m., 5:04 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:38 a.m., 4:14 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:05 a.m., 5:41 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:12 a.m., 5:48 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:17 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:26 a.m., 1 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.