This Morning’s Bulletin — 7.31.19
• There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon, but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 86 degrees and a south wind 7 to 10 miles per hour. There’s a 50 percent chance of overnight showers and thunderstorms, with a low temperature around 69 degrees. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 83 degrees, and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
• Calverton Aviation & Technology, which is in contract to purchase a vast swath of the Riverhead Town Community Development Agency’s Enterprise Park at Calverton, will give a presentation on its plans for the site to the Riverhead Town Board at its work session tomorrow, which will start at 8:30 a.m. More details are online here.
• Tonight is parade night at the Hampton Bays Fire Department’s annual summer carnival. The parade steps off from Ponquogue Avenue at 7 p.m. and continues to the fair grounds on Montauk Highway. More details are online here.
• The Surfrider Foundation’s Surf Movie Night XVII will be held this evening at 7 p.m. at Guild Hall in East Hampton. Tickets range from $10 to $35 and proceeds benefit the Surfrider Foundation Eastern Long Island Chapter’s Clean Water Programs. More details are online here.
• The Friends of the Cutchogue-New Suffolk Library Book Sale will be held this Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Southold Town Anti-Bias Task Force will host its Tenth Annual Unity Picnic this Saturday, Aug. 3 from noon to 4 p.m. at the field behind old Peconic School on Peconic Lane. All are welcome. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:42 a.m., 10:03 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:50 a.m., 9:11 p.m.
Greenport: 10:19 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:24 a.m., 11:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:14 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:41 a.m.
South Jamesport: 11:48 a.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:01 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:10 a.m., 7:24 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:32 a.m., 10:54 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:40 a.m., 10:02 p.m.
Greenport: 11:09 a.m., 11:31 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:14 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:04 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:02 a.m., 12:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:09 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:52 a.m., 10:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:01 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.