• Today will be sunny, with a high near 80 degrees and a northeast wind 6 to 10 miles per hour, becoming southeast in the afternoon. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 61. There’s a 20 percent chance of afternoon showers Thursday, with a high near 76. Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a 30 percent chance of showers and a high near 80.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss land preservation, fleet management, road resurfacing, amendments to special events legislation, using quail for tick eradication on town preserves, and campers at beaches at their 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board will hold a public hearing at their 7:30 p.m. meeting this evening on changing requirements for town parking permits from Memorial Day to Labor Day to requiring them from May 1 through November 1 in designated parking areas. The full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The North Fork Chorale will perform tonight at the second Summer Showcase Concert Series at Silversmith’s Corner in Southold at 7:30 p.m. More details are online here. [Free]
• Aquebogue’s Old Steeple Church hosts its annual chicken barbecue this coming Saturday, July 8 from 5 to 7 p.m. Tickets are $18. More information is online here.
• A special benefit for Organización Latino-Americana of Eastern Long Island and Long Island Cares: The Harry Chapin Food Bank will be held this Saturday, July 8 in Bridgehampton. Tickets range from $125 to $500. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:09 a.m., 8:26 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:17 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
Greenport: 8:46 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:39 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:41 a.m., 8:58 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:08 a.m., 10:25 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:15 a.m., 10:32 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:12 a.m., 5:40 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:53 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:01 a.m., 8:16 p.m.
Greenport: 9:30 a.m., 9:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:25 a.m., 10:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:25 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:52 a.m., 11:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:59 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:02 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.