• Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 80 degrees and a southeast wind 5 to 8 miles per hour. There’s an 80 percent chance of showers, and possibly an overnight thunderstorm, tonight, with a low around 68. Showers are likely before noon Friday, with heavy rainfall possible, with mostly cloudy skies in the afternoon and a high near 70. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 84.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss budget amendments and town board and supervisor projects at their regular 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning, and will discuss a proposed change of zone application at 5 Cedar Lane at a special work session at Sag Harbor Village Hall tonight at 7 p.m.
• Riverhead’s town board work session for today has been cancelled.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on the proposed CPF purchase of Christ Episcopal Church in Sag Harbor, on a proposed agricultural easement at a subdivision at 55 Wainscott Hollow and on improvements to the Camp Hero Sewer District at their 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
• Kevin McAllister of Defend H2O will give a presentation on “Living on the Edge: In the Face of Climate Change” this evening at 6 p.m. at the Quogue Library. All are welcome to attend.
• The Ecological Culture Initiative has announced they will be holding a presentation titled “Rethinking Good Ground — Mapping History, Culture & Ecology” at Hampton Bays Library next Thursday, July 13 at 7 p.m. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• Take Action Suffolk is hosting a nonpartisan forum titled “What’s Going to Happen to My Healthcare” with national health care innovation expert Sol Ross next Thursday, July 13 at 7 p.m. at Riverhead High School. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:53 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:01 a.m., 8:16 p.m.
Greenport: 9:30 a.m., 9:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:25 a.m., 10:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:25 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:52 a.m., 11:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:59 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:02 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:36 a.m., 9:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:44 a.m., 8:58 p.m.
Greenport: 10:13 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:09 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:08 a.m., 10:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:35 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:42 a.m., 11:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:48 a.m., 7:05 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.