• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 84 degrees and a light southwest wind, becoming south 6 to 11 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight, with a low around 76. We’re expecting showers and thunderstorms Friday, some of which could produce heavy rain. The high Friday will be near 81 degrees. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 78.
• This morning’s Southampton and Riverhead town board work sessions have been cancelled.
• Riverhead’s biweekly Alive on 25 street fair begins tonight, with music, vendors, food and activities throughout downtown Riverhead from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m., with fireworks at 9 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Greenport Fire Department‘s annual carnival will also hold fireworks this evening and Saturday evening at 9 p.m.
• It’s been 40 years since former American President Richard Nixon sat down with British television host David Frost for a series of landmark interviews that remain a definitive look into the psyche of one of America’s most disliked presidents. This summer, Bay Street Theatre revisits this series, and it makes for riveting theater. The Beacon’s review is online here.
• The folks at Custer Observatory in Southold are embarking this summer on “The Music Project,” fundraising to bring a Steinway and innovative musical programming to the astronomical observatory. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Guild Hall’s Guitar Masters music festival kicks off this afternoon and continues through Saturday. More details are online here.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:28 a.m., 4:14 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:36 a.m., 3:22 p.m.
Greenport: 4:05 a.m., 4:51 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:47 a.m., 5:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4 a.m., 4:46 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:27 a.m., 6:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:34 a.m., 6:20 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:23 a.m., 1:02 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:19 a.m., 5:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:27 a.m., 4:12 p.m.
Greenport: 4:56 a.m., 5:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:39 a.m., 6:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:51 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:18 a.m., 7:03 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:25 a.m., 7:10 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:11 a.m., 1:47 p.m.