• There’s a 40 percent chance of showers today, mainly between 8 a.m. and noon, with mostly cloudy skies, gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 82. The wind will be calm, becoming southeast 5 to 7 miles per hour in the morning. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 58. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 88. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 86.
• We’re still experiencing an emergency blood shortage throughout the region, and you can help out today by donating at the Flanders Fire Department, at 19 Firehouse Lane in Flanders, between 2 and 8 p.m. this afternoon. More details are online here.
• Southampton Town is hosting a full week of programs to celebrate Invasive Species Awareness Week, beginning with a day of aquatic invasive species identification and removal today at the Quogue Wildlife Refuge. More details are online here.
• The Vendettas will play “Retro that Rocks” at tonight’s Dances in the Park at Mitchell Park in Greenport at 7:30 p.m.
• The Beacon is teaming up with Drawdown East End, a group of local activists working to implement the atmospheric carbon reduction goals of Project Drawdown, for the #dare2drawdown challenge this summer. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:51 a.m., 3:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:59 a.m., 2:40 p.m.
Greenport: 3:28 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:25 a.m., 5:01 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:23 a.m., 4:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:50 a.m., 5:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:57 a.m., 5:38 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:02 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:11 a.m., 12:56 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:51 a.m., 4:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:59 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Greenport: 4:28 a.m., 5:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:25 a.m., 5:59 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:23 a.m., 5:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:50 a.m., 6:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:57 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:58 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:07 a.m., 1:51 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.