This Morning’s Bulletin — 7.8.19
• There’s a 40 percent chance of showers today, mainly between 8 a.m. and noon, with mostly cloudy skies, gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 82. The wind will be calm, becoming southeast 5 to 7 miles per hour in the morning. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 58. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 88. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 86.
• We’re still experiencing an emergency blood shortage throughout the region, and you can help out today by donating at the Flanders Fire Department, at 19 Firehouse Lane in Flanders, between 2 and 8 p.m. this afternoon. More details are online here.
• Southampton Town is hosting a full week of programs to celebrate Invasive Species Awareness Week, beginning with a day of aquatic invasive species identification and removal today at the Quogue Wildlife Refuge. More details are online here.
• The Vendettas will play “Retro that Rocks” at tonight’s Dances in the Park at Mitchell Park in Greenport at 7:30 p.m.
• The Beacon is teaming up with Drawdown East End, a group of local activists working to implement the atmospheric carbon reduction goals of Project Drawdown, for the #dare2drawdown challenge this summer. More details are online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:51 a.m., 3:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:59 a.m., 2:40 p.m.
Greenport: 3:28 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:25 a.m., 5:01 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:23 a.m., 4:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:50 a.m., 5:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:57 a.m., 5:38 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:02 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:11 a.m., 12:56 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:51 a.m., 4:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:59 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Greenport: 4:28 a.m., 5:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:25 a.m., 5:59 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:23 a.m., 5:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:50 a.m., 6:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:57 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:58 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:07 a.m., 1:51 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.