• It will be partly sunny today, with a high temperature near 87 degrees and a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, with a southwest wind at 5 to 8 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 71. Thursday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 85 degrees and a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 83 and a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.
• Forty-nine people were diagnosed with Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Tuesday in Suffolk County, about average for recent weeks, with 1 percent of people tested testing positive. Thirty-three people were hospitalized with the virus in Suffolk, with three in intensive care. No new fatalities were reported, and the death toll here stands at 1,998 people.
• This evening is Guild Hall’s Surf Movie Night XVIII to benefit the Surfrider Foundation, which will be held virtually beginning at 7 p.m. Tickets range from $25 to $55 per household. Here are more details.
• Community Action Southold Town will be collecting backpacks and school supplies through Aug. 18. Packing of backpacks will be on August 19 & 20, with distribution on Aug. 21. Backpacks or school supplies may be dropped off at the CAST office at 316 Front Street in Greenport or one of CAST’s drop-off locations in the community. For more information, call 631.477.1717.
• The Parrish Art Museum is partnering with Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreational Center to present a 2-day outdoor Black Film Festival on Fridays, Aug. 14 and 21, featuring feature films, documentaries, and shorts inspired by the current epic global movement to elevate black lives and eliminate racism. Here are more details.
• The Neo-Political Cowgirls’ annual “Andromeda’s Sisters” arts and advocacy forum will be held remotely in two parts this year via Zoom, on Friday, Aug. 14 at 7:30 p.m. and Thursday, Sept. 3 at 5 p.m. Here are more details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:04 a.m., 4:39 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:04 a.m., 4:39 p.m.
Greenport: 4:41 a.m., 5:16 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:23 a.m., 5:42 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:36 a.m., 5:11 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:03 a.m., 6:38 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:10 a.m., 6:45 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:53 a.m., 3:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:02 a.m., 1:27 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:03 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:03 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
Greenport: 5:40 a.m., 6:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:18 a.m., 6:34 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:35 a.m., 6:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:02 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:09 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:41 a.m., 4:02 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:50 a.m., 2:11 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.